Friday, June 12, 2009

Baby Crib

The crib Jeff and I ordered finally came in! We drove down in our car to pick it up on Wednesday, but alas, the box was huge! There was no possible way that the crib box was going to fit in our car, no matter how many different times Jeff tried.


We were going to wait for my family to come out in July to pick it up, as they have more room in their vehicle, but Jeff did not want to wait that long. We ended up going back to pick it up yesterday (Thursday) after Jeff was determined to put it on top of the car with rope. As doubtful as I was about this working (I kept thinking of various awful senarios of our crib crashing off of our car), it worked out perfectly! Go Jeff!



Once home, we realized that we had not considered how we were going to get this rather large, heavy box up the stairs and into our 3rd floor apartment. Jeff could not carry the box by himself, and he would not let me help him carry it, althought I stubbornly tried to convince him that I could! We ended up pushing it end over end up the stairs, which thankfully worked!

Even though it was pretty late by this point, and Jeff gets up early for work, he really wanted to set up the crib that night. So, we did. It was super easy to put together, and I even got to help!



Now we have a beautiful crib! All we need now is the baby to come! :)

4 comments:

amrust said...

It looks like things are coming together nicely! That's just so exciting! Love you

LA

Jill said...

I'm so excited for you guys! We'll be coming through on our way to Oregon in the middle of July. Maybe we can stop by for a few to deliver a gift...if not I'll just send it. :)
We'll let you know!

Renetta said...

Ah Jeffy and Sary.....How dang cute is that....I am so proud of you guys for getting it home. I guess where there is a will there is a way!! I bet Baby Boy Slater will love his new beddie by. And you will love it when he sleeps through the night in it.

Erica said...

Oh and the buying begins :)