Friday, October 8, 2010

Pictures from Sean's Birthday (LONG)


Last week, September 28th, Sean turned ONE! I can't believe it!  Most of the festivities were held on Saturday, so that Jeff could be there. We went out for Mexican food, where Sean got to wear his party hat.

He did NOT like his party hat. (This picture makes me cringe, thinking he's going to snap himself - I just need to keep reminding myself that I caught it before it happened!)




He loves coloring (although we're pretty sure that the missing tip of the purple crayon ended up in his belly).



After the restaurants and presents comes his cake! If you know Sean, you know that he goes crazy for Veggie Tales - he is obsessed with it. So, I just had to do a Veggie Tales cake. Growing up, the birthday cakes were always done by my Aunt Shari - and they were amazing! I was so tempted to fly her out here to do Sean's (and I'm sure it would have looks much better)! Overall, it was fun, but I'm definitely going to have to take some cake decorating classes - I had no idea what I was doing! I'm just glad that I had a cake decorating kit that my cousin, Jon, gave me a while back. (Thanks, Jon!)





Hmmm, what are Bob and Larry doing here?



Daddy helping Sean blow out his candle.




What is this blob...




First taste


Not so sure

Tearing pieces off to throw on the ground.

Checking to see if Bob and Larry are still there.



Sneaking some cake to Bob and Larry.



Going to lick the chocolate off the tray



Finger Painting with Cake.  Yum.

Cake Zombie

 Hurray for Birthdays!


On his actual birthday (Tuesday), we went up to campus to have lunch with Daddy.  Sean got his first Happy Meal of apple juice, apples, and chicken nuggets.


It was a very happy birthday.  Thank you to everyone who helped make this birthday a special one!  It's hard to believe that my baby is now a walking toddler!



4 comments:

Renetta said...

Oh my gosh...He is such a big boy now...I love his cake,you did a great job Sarah....He is such a really, really cute little boy. And I am not just saying that! He is cute!!!! I see his daddy in him and then in the next picture he is all his mama....I love that he had McDonalds for his first birthday. What a cute idea and the makings of a great tradtion. I miss him. Give him a big hug from Grandma Netta. Thanks for always making me feel a part of his life... Wow...that went too fast... I love you all...Mom/grandma Netta

Mommy said...

What a great story board! I just laughed and laughed. Sean is a handsome little guy! I just love all his expressions...so fun. Thank you for sharing Sean's 1st birthday with us...it was great! What a wonderful little family!! We love the Slaters!! Sean has the best Mommy & Daddy ever! I love you so much...so does Dad (Grandpa Jeff)!
Nanna

Renetta said...

I just looked at these again....there is one picture of Sean eating his small cake and his Veggie cake is off to the side....It's soooo cute because it looks like his Veggie cake is watching him!!!
And is it too obvious that The Grandmas just sit around waiting for you guys to post on your blog!!

Mommy said...

hahahahaha....Renetta...so true!!!