Sunday, April 12, 2009

My trip to California...

I went to California at the end of March and beginning of April for an event called Student Career Days, where 60+ schools converge at one campus for a few days of competitions, workshops and a career fair with over 60 employees all in the green industry. I made several contacts with some of the companies and I have a few choices for jobs when I graduate. After the events were over we spent the next few days just touring and relaxing in sunny, warm California. I felt bad though, as the whole week I was down there Sarah told me it snowed practically everyday in Provo.

This is the closing ceremonies at the event. BYU took 4th overall out of 60 schools. We were hoping for better as last year we took 2nd.

The Reddings Temple

All of us in front of the Reddings Temple, we came here after church.

It's a beautiful temple.

This is at Huntington Gardens in Pasadena. Those are some mighty big bamboo sticks.

A lot of cacti. The desert garden was really nice.

A long row of bonzi trees.

This part of the Chinese garden.

Sunny day at the beach.

Called the "Springs Reserves Gardens" in Vegas. That is one big cactus.

2 comments:

Erica said...

The Huntington Gardens are the best, NO?!

The Slaters said...

That's cool you were able to go to that. Good luck with finals! I hope you find that job you are looking for.